Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Wonderful Hotel Fair

View from the bed of the hotel fair remnants - that bump in the
bed is my feet.

(This post was written Sunday afternoon when I crashed for an hour or so. It was all too much! But I didn't have internet in my room and couldn't publish it. So just think that you've gained a couple of days and it's really still Sunday. Don't forget to watch 60 Minutes tonight or some crazy reality/entertainment show.)

I'm lying in bed resting and just thinking that I didn't take a single photo of my hotel room show this morning. This photo is one wall of the pieces that remain. Thanks so much to any readers who purchased a piece or traded with me. It was wonderful to experience so many people coming by and saying complimentary things.

Binnie and I were up before 6:00 this morning (Sunday) to get our showers in and get dressed before starting to move furniture around and hanging our work. We were already exhausted from the pace at the Sixth International Encaustic Conference, but we rose to the occasion and presented ourselves this morning as well as visiting other rooms to see what people were showing. Unfortunately, it was much too much to pack into a short period of time and I apologize to those whose rooms I didn't get to visit.

We could have a conference of just the hotel fair - but think how much we would miss. The work was great, the networking fascinating and the opportunity to see the face of the artist with the work was exceptional. It was wonderful and each year it gets better. We do have to ask Joanne to work on the virtual time aspects so that we can all be in two places at once -- both presenting our work and viewing everyone else's. I'm sure if anyone can master it, she can.

3 comments:

Shawn Hill said...

You had a lot going in on your room, you two! Lot's of activity! Love the new paintings, Nancy, and I talked to one of the purchasers later, who was a very proud new owner!

Wendy Rodrigue Magnus said...

I enjoyed this peek at your room, Nancy! So happy the conference is a success, and I look forward to reading and seeing more- Wendy

Nancy Natale said...

Shawn, I'm so glad you stopped by. We had a blast and it was a lot of fun to make the small pieces for the Hotel Fair.