Saturday, July 30, 2011

Update on Brian Dickerson

A couple of weeks ago in New York, I, along with friends Binnie Birstein and Greg Wright, visited Kouros Gallery at 23 East 73rd Street to see an exhibition by Brian Dickerson. I had only seen his work online, but it was magnificent in person and I was so glad that I had the opportunity to see it. In an earlier post, I gave details about the show.

Brian Dickerson, Autumn's End, 2010, oil, wax, mixed media on wood,
31 x 21 x 5  inches


Brian and I had corresponded a little by email prior to my visit to the gallery, and afterwards he sent me a video by John Thornton, called "Excavation," that includes gallery shots and an interview with him about his work. He gave me permission to repost the video here, so I hope you enjoy it. It's about 12 minutes long.



The show at Kouros is up until next Friday, August 5th.

Meanwhile, I've been very busy both in the studio and at home online. I hope to fit in my continuing posts on the New York visit soon.

1 comment:

ArtPropelled said...

Brian's work has intrigued me since I discovered his website some time ago. Thanks so much for sharing the video. I thoroughly enjoyed it.