Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sneak Peek of July Show at Arden Gallery

Joanne Mattera's sneak peek of my show at Arden
Where would we be without Facebook? Home alone, no doubt. Here's a photo which Joanne posted this evening in the Encaustic group in Facebook. It's a peek at my show this month at Arden Gallery, 129 Newbury Street, Boston. ardengallery.com

And while we're at it, here are professional photos of the three new works that are included in this show. The ones I posted earlier were certainly not up to par.


Schematic, 2011, 30x40 inches, mixed media with encaustic on panel



Cinch, 2011, 30x40 inches, mixed media with encaustic on panel



Passing Days, 2011, 24x24 inches, mixed media with encaustic on panel

And just arrived today, the first five copies of my book The Running Stitch Series.


It's a large format landscape style, hard cover book with a dust jacket, 13x11 inches, 20 pages. The photos are large and clear. I'm very happy to see the size of them and how well they came out, thanks to JohnPolakPhotography.com who now does all the photography of my work. I wish it was possible to make it large enough for you to read because there's an actual text and it's not just a picture book.

Unfortunately, because it's a self-published blurb book, it's pretty expensive. I think your best bet is to become my BFF and see if I'll cement our friendship with a copy!

I will have a couple in the gallery and will be getting more.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the show.

And the book looks wonderful. There was a lot of work that I hadn't seen yet. The layout looks very nice and I loved the "centerfold". Bravo!

Laura Tyler said...

Wonderful, Nancy! Thank you for sharing. You are showing at Brush Art Gallery (Pollination) this fall, right?

Congratulations!

- Laura

Nancy Natale said...

Thanks for your comments, Mary and Laura.

Yes, I will be in the Brush Gallery Pollination show and will see you there!

Jeff said...

Congratulations on the show. Very nice work. Wishing you much success with it.

Nancy Natale said...

Thanks, Jeff. I appreciate your good wishes!

Lynn said...

Congrats on the show.
(I'm particularly drawn to "Passing Days." Gorgeous.)

Milisa Galazzi said...

Nancy, congrats on the book and the show. I DEFINATELY would LOVE to buy your book. My art book collection will not be complete without a copy. How do I become your BFF as soon as possible!? :) m

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Congratulations Nancy! Your new work is fabulous and it looks wonderful in the gallery...