Sunday, January 4, 2009

More about the studio



I was looking at some photos to send to Pam Farrell for her studio image project (more about that later), and I started thinking about what a home the studio becomes for me - and I guess for most artists.



Here are some photos showing the first transformation of my current, luxurious space. I moved in at the beginning of November 2006 and had my first open studio the next month.






It's hard to believe that such an accumulation of crap could ever look neatly arranged and become a workable studio.


Yet, just a month later, this is approximately the same view.



Here's another "before" shot as you enter the studio. I was just setting up my storage shelves.



And here's the "after" shot with the conveniently-sized old painting used as a screen to hide the pile of crap still remaining behind it.


Of course, two years later, it has taken on that lived-in look.







No comments: