Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Energy Levels

As I mentioned in my last post, we had a little houseguest for a few days while our friend LoLo was out of town. This is the first time that we have had a doggie stayover and it was fun for all - with a few adjustments.



Bongo (also referred to by us as Bong-Bong, Bongster, Mr. Bongaloid and Toonces)

Bongo is a Pomeranian, weighs maybe 10 pounds and has the energy of about 17 dogs - at least as compared to our laid-back Labs.


Here one of our boys yawns with excitement.

Bongo fit right in with our family of two people, two dogs and three cats. The cats were a bit scared initially.


Bongo went to the studio with me a couple of days, visited my mother and all the other ladies at the nursing home (he was a very big hit), slept under the bed at night and insisted on being held and cuddled.



Having a little dog was a new experience for us. I liked it a lot because he could go mostly everywhere and didn't take up a lot of space. I also liked the cuddling. The sneaky french kisses I could have done without.


We hadn't really been all that aware of Bongo's high energy until he went home. Then we all had a nap.

4 comments:

Terry Jarrard-Dimond said...

Well Bongo is a little doll. A tiny fox. I worked in a pet store when in college (not the place to buy a dog) but they did sell them. My favorite little guy was a tiny black Pom. I hope he got a great home. Love your labs napping after the 'whirlwind' passed.

Metroknow said...

ah yes, doggie french kisses...gotta love those. that's when a fresh bottle of listerine comes in handy. --april

Lauren said...

Awww! Bongo made it to THE blog. I am so proud. Thanks again for caring for him so wonderfully.

Nancy Natale said...

Thanks for your comments, Terry and April.

The little Bongster is a foxy guy. That pointy nose gets into everything. He's very cute. Did you see Micky Rourke's new puppy - a dark brown Pom. He looks like a teddy bear.

Ms. Lauren - you can be a proud mom. Your little Sonny Boy was a treat for us.